Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Quick question about growing out nelly moser, 0 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Quick question about growing out nelly moser

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Quick question about growing out nelly moser
ClematisGuru wrote:
the structures are from a local business called "backroads". owned by a friend of mine. they retail for 45$. great value. she has a lot of iron and wire stuff...not sure if she ships or not.
they take 2 big clems. i have small ones (2 hoshis on one) on these, and some other new plants, which is ridiculous. but i'd rather get them in their permanent home and they are not in ready view.
all my small plants will be in the ground by late summer, i do not grow out anything in pots over winter. just do not like to mess with it.

here is same structure niobe (3 plants on it) from this morning, which i changed structure on in the spring when i hard pruned...gasp........yes hard pruned. i treat my niobe's as a 3 , even they are a 2, as i like fresh plants up near the house, can't stand old vines in the off season or in non bloom time with in view. niobe easy to grow if you are not afraid to freestyle prune and listen to the plant. harder if you follow the rules.
these niobes get hard pruned at least twice a year, sometimes more often if they get funky. plants are 6 years old, same structure and display on both sides of the walkway. i just added a warsaw nike to one side, so i can see the difference between that and niobe when it blooms.
i bought 4 of those structures and have them tucked here and there......i like them so much i may get more of them. lotta display for the money.