Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
weed_woman wrote:
Teresa, solar weave is waterproof, and slightly transparent, so it lets in alot of light and traps the heat. They cover nursery igloos with it. I'm sure it must have other names too. It is quite stiff, and easy to staple up because it has no stretch. It should keep any cold southerly wind and rain from that side of the fernery, and I'm hoping I will see the difference in the plants this year. Like you, my computer table, dining table and desk and coffee table are all covered with things. Books, magazines, puzzles, hand cream, seeds, fertiliser......all the important things! he he. You must feel like the Michellin Man with all those layers on. Stay warm, and I'll cross my fingers you don't get too much snow.
Cody, that must be so nice that the little darling is in love with you. I bet it feels nice to have him/her snuggle into your neck. It makes me want to get one!
Jean, the peanut butter cups are devine...thankyou. Our yard is staying damp too, but more so because of the regular showers. It seems to rain a little every night. Its also cooled down considerably with the southerly change, but my outdoor temp guage has gone to god, so I can't tell you how cold it is. Probably, you would consider it warm in your climate. he he
Chrissy, the jungle is looking great. Plenty of places for the natives to hide, he he. How does the Ginko go in warmer climates, or is it a cool climate tree? I have managed to make a few spaces with their own micrclimates, more out of luck than good planning. I usually put a plant in its suitable area, not make an area suitable to the plant.
I remember the hot air baloons coming over on a sunday morning in penrith. I'd be sitting outdoors, enjoying a cuppa in the sun, when .....WHOOSH! They'd let out a burst of gas to go higher, and I'd jump out of my skin because I didn't know it was there.
Lesley, good to see you here. I'm guilty of blowing leaves around, but like you, I will mulch/mow over them. I filled the wheelie bin with leaves from the pool last week, after the big blow! I'm so over gum trees! The orchid fert must have worked for your Adeniums. Mine are beginning to yellow in the leaves, which means no water while its cold, put them in the hottest spot and wait for first signs of leaf growth in spring before watering again. They haven't had a flower for months. Maybe I'd better put that orchid fert to good use.
I am the same way with books, I need to have the whole set before reading, because I forget too easily what has happened if its a while between books. I'll have to look up that 'Cross stitch' as a few of you lot have mentioned it as being a good read.
Well all, keep warm, (Except you Cody, you lucky thing,) happy winter gardening, see you next month.
Sue