Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 0 by LeisaD

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeisaD

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
LeisaD wrote:
Morning all!
It's a lovely morning here, sunny (so far) & still, & everything is a bit wet outside, as we had rain last night again.
Yesterday my husband & i went up to Noosa for a little outing. We had lunch at a new japansese restaurant called Wasabi that I saw reviewed in the Weekend Aust magazine. The food was fantastic - I'm not usually a fan of japansese food - but this was very yummy. My hubby loves japanese, so it was a belated birthday treat for him, as I couldn't find anything for his birthday back in April. The restaurant is on the Noosa river & it was a beautiful calm day with a high tide, so it was almost like being on a boat in the river. Guys in tinnies were a stones throw from the windows.
Cody that's an interesting flower - is it a banana or heliconia??
Re the crucifix orchids: they love the sun! I believe I've got 10 or 11 different colours - they all together in one big bed of pine bark & a bit of dirt. The common orange, common purple, a pale(washed out) red & yellow/orange hybrid are flowering at the moment. As they're all together, & they all look alike until they flower, I don't really know what's what at the moment. But later in the year as they come into flower, I'll see if I've got some excess bits & let you know. I don't have a white one, a pale yellow is the closest I have. I did have another red/yellow one flowering with one head, but a friend's little girl decided to "pick the pretty flower", so I'll have to wait for it to put up another flower head!!
Anyway I'm off to get some lettuce seedling planted. Here's thesunset over Noosa beach yesterday.
Leisa