Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Shade Cover For Summer & Insulation Blanket For Winter, 0 by CreeksideFarm

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CreeksideFarm

In reply to: Shade Cover For Summer & Insulation Blanket For Winter

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Shade Cover For Summer & Insulation Blanket For Winter
CreeksideFarm wrote:
JM, Thanks for your comments. I have my shade cloth now. It's white 50% shade with the finished grommets on the edges. I pounded in some rebar stakes with a curved hook on the top of each one along the sides of the greenhouse and I roped the shade cloth loosely to the stakes. I say loosely because this way my automatic vents can still open and close under the shade cloth. I also got a portable Stanley pivoting high velocity fan, that I can move around and tilt the output grill to different angles.

The combination of the shade cloth and fan has made a big difference in regulating the temperature in there. I have planted some vegetables right in the ground under the benches, and hope to keep them growing in there all summer. Every morning I spray all the plants and hose down the brick walkway. So far the plants all seem to love it in there. Of course the hottest part of the summer is yet to come, so I'll have to wait until the heatwaves hit and see if I can still say I'm growing vegetables in there.

My goal is to use it as an all season greenhouse.