Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?, 0 by Twincol

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Twincol

In reply to: 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?
Twincol wrote:
Okay, the City was out today and left an "Investigation Report" stating that the "lowest leader (over street) will be removed."

I assume that means the limb on the right in this photo. My fear is that it will end up shaped like the one above (May 4, 11:07 pm). Hopefully the loss of this limb will not leave mine without leaves like the sad specimen down the street.

Well, it seems that they are willing to remove the single co-dominant stem/trunk, leaving the one over the sidewalk/lawn. I am grateful that the tree will remain, but ... .

BTW, if you look at the photo at May 15, 7:38 pm you'll see one of two Fruitless Mulberries on the west side of my house/patio which were planted at about the same time. I had them thinned this year and they are majestic, in my not so humble opinion. Root work and ongoing skirt maintenance notwithstanding, I love them!

Thanks for hanging out with me. I'll update you after the trim work.

Linda

{edited to add} I just noticed the white paint mark on the identified limb. It is the upright limb on the right in the photo.

This message was edited May 20, 2009 8:27 PM