Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Shrub suggestions, 0 by jcoakley

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jcoakley

Subject: Shrub suggestions

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Shrub suggestions
jcoakley wrote:
Hi all, I am looking for some flowering shrub suggestions. The spot I need to fill gets full, hot afternoon sun. If you look at the picture of my house, it's the spot on the right-hand corner where I currently have a shepherd's hook with a hanging basket. There is still an old yew stump there that we either have to dig up or work around. I had originally thought bridal wreath or some kind of lilac, but now I'm not sure. The bridal wreathes can get so humongous and I don't want something that will block the window. Last year I planted an oak-leaf hydrangea on the opposite side (it gets less sun, as the house faces west and there is a huge old maple in our neighbor's yard that shades the north side of our yard somewhat). It's still pretty shrimpy so you probably can't see it in the photo. I do love those burning bushes (euonymus) , but would really like something that flowers in spring. Thanks in advance for any ideas!