Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?, 0 by Twincol

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Twincol

In reply to: 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 50+YO Modesto Ash trunk splitting?
Twincol wrote:
Oh my, such a sad thing to contemplate. I love this tree in my parking strip. It is huge, well-loved for the many years I have lived here.

But ... you are right in that it appears to be failing. I have watched it, hoping that it would be one of those which might survive the disease and species deficits others have suffered. Note the one just down the street, sadly small, neglected, pruned to its present awful look. Moreover, it also has a similar split trunk. And look at the dreadful pruning of the cherry-thingee tree next door! What dreadful work.

The City has put it on its "visit" list within the next two weeks. They will replace it with one of two somethingorother trees this coming fall, if they must remove it. The possibility that it might be removed saddens me so.

But, thanks for the information which validates my suspicions about its condition, nevertheless. This corner is a popular corner with families walking through and much traffic. So, it makes sense that its condition must be reported so that the city can take responsibility for its own potential liability. The work required to "save" it, if it's even possible to do so, is well beyond my financial resources.

So, there you go. I'll update you with their visit.

Linda (weeping)