Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: clems and earwigs, 0 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: clems and earwigs

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of clems and earwigs
ClematisGuru wrote:
at the top if the clem vines you will see this type of droopiness.

gardenquilts, do you have any experience with the oil in your recipe burning tender vines? best to apply at night if so? i am very leery of oil on clem leaves as i have burnt lots of plants in past with neem oil in products.

unfortunately when i saw this damage yesterday (see above photo) i took immediate action.
i first started at top and trimmed off the collapsed vine, several inches at a time, working down to where the vine seemed less affected. then sprinkled some "bug getta plus" to the surrounding area and lightly watered again, per directions. i had recently bought some bug getta for earwig and snail , but only have used it a couple of times....this was war. i was able to find sluggo a few days ago and picked that up too, and am switching to that as it is less harmful to non bugs...but in this case i felt like grabbing the big gun.....i actually treated the surrounding area that is home to about 30 or more clems. i have never had a lot of bug problems, but as i said, mess with my tie dye and it is war.