Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 37, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 37

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 37
weed_woman wrote:
Hello all, Ive had a busy weekend. 1st we went to town to get some chores done, then we went to visit helen (Coffs harbour)! I bought two sets of wagon wheels off her for a great price. (happy mother day to me) thanks helen. Helens property is quite lovely, and she has a view to die for, and a huge cliff or mossy lichened bush rock at the back. Very nice. She will miss it when she move.
When i got home, i garden for a couple of hours to get my palms planted, a hibiscus moved, some agapanthus oiut and some mulch spread. It all looks nice.
Then I went to bed with a migraine at 4pm. Booooooo!
Today, I bounced up and made Hubby some eggs on toast and he headed off to do some maintenance on his truck and I started my painting. Mmmmmm. I'm not mad keen on it! I'll need to do three coats to stop the previous colour from leeching through, and am going to buy a better paint roller, as the one I bought is a peice of c$#p!
Its now gotten very cold, and we've had a couple of heavy downpours, so no need to water the plants tomorrow.
I also picked up an Ebay brom form the post office on saturday and got it potted, and hubby bought me one at the Big Banana on the way home, so i have done rather well with the garden gifts!
Enough about me. Thanks for all the pics of the daffys Cody, they look lovely. i like ducks. I also like your wild bunny. Too cute.
Sammut, your brazier guard looks great! job well done. I wish i could jump on the magic carpet with you and go help out lesley, but I've got work tomorrow. Maybe next weekend, oh, no, I'll be painting for at leats the next.....mmmm...year!
Jean, thanks for that yummy chocolate cake, and the mothers day one too.
Colleen, lucky you, two bunches of beautiful flowers! I think you must feel very spoiled indeed.
Shelly in Melbourne, I didn't realise you guys were already getting frosts! Brrrrr! Frost cloth sounds like a great idea. My sister in NZ swears by it.
Helen (Wonthaggi) beautiful brom picture. thanks for sharing.
marlene, I wondered about your boug too. I've never seen one grown in a hanging basket. What a good idea.
Thanks chrissy for the info on the Kentia palms. I did get a bargain then didn't I? I think I know where I'll plant them, but for now they are tied up in the shade houe so they dont fall over.
Lesley, it must be getting cool over there too? Maybe a beany will do the trick, keep your head warm and hold your hair on. he he.
Finally, Hi Pam, good thinking with that frost cloth. You wouldn't have need for that would you? Where in central NSW did you live?
Ok, off to watch destination NZ
Sue