Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: ClematisGuru's 2009 Hardwick Hall Clematis Garden, 0 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: ClematisGuru's 2009 Hardwick Hall Clematis Garden

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ClematisGuru's 2009 Hardwick Hall Clematis Garden
ClematisGuru wrote:
This morning I took a photo of the garden i call the "north fence east clem garden". not a very pretty name. but the garden has structure with a walkway of clems on the left, and a shrubbery on the right that virtually hides the clem garden from the rest of the property, so it is like entering a room. this garden contains about 38 clems, not including duplicates of which in there are for about half the cultivars in this garden. the shrubbery contains 3 kinds of hydrangea, red twig dogwood, spirea philiadelphius, and hostas galore at the top of the garden. a large hemlock tree at the bottom of the garden is planted with vigorous clems. midway down the aisle of clems is betty corning, she is a real center piece.
right now, everybody is growing well, but we are 3 weeks away from a lot of blooms here. this garden has only one double (otto frobel), but i did just put patricia ann fretwell in , along with irene, frankie, rebecca, ruutel, species macropetala, and and a few others.
so anxious for blooms i am posting too early. but i love this garden and am eagerly awaiting what comes soon.