Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: caramel color question, 0 by medinac

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright medinac

In reply to: caramel color question

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of caramel color question
medinac wrote:
I think we will have a good experiment here.... was at Home Depot the other day. They had Caramels, some were outside on a shelf in sun and others were shoved on a bottom shelf under a covered area. When searching for the best ones to buy, I noticed the bottom ones out of the sun were very limey green. The others that got sun were more apricot colored.

The ones I referred to in my earlier post were put in last fall but are in quite a bit of sun, mostly late afternoon. Right now since the trees are just blooming, they are getting alot of light and are a very pretty color. I did buy the green ones at HD and have them in the same area as my others, getting alot of light and will get full afternoon sun later in the season. Will keep you posted on their coloring progress.

Here's a couple pictures. The new Caramels are in the foreground and the ones planted last fall in the back. Along with them are Tiramisu that came out of winter very nice and then poor little Peach Flambe that always seem to struggle after winter. I'm thinking that if the Peach Flambe bite the dust, I'll replace them with Georgia Peach that look really nice too coming out of winter. Caramel, Tiramisu and Georgia Peach are my new favorites.