Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Anyone received your Irises from Kanita?, 0 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

In reply to: Anyone received your Irises from Kanita?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Anyone received your Irises from Kanita?
lovelyiris wrote:
Don't tempt me Dee, lol. I just wonder who would take care of all my plants and the two elderly men that I sit with? I could use a few more irises to plant on my hillside.

I wasn't complaining. I was worried because she showed us some pictures of some of the irises she had dug and all. I just wanted to make sure they were'nt laying around and drying out somewhere. I was also concerned because she said she was going to use the area for other stuff she wanted to grow.

I'd like to see how other people take care of their plants, dig them, wash them, label them, and ship them.
Not that I'm planning on doing any of it except for sending my end of trades. It seems like it takes me forever to dig them up, wash them and trim them up, label them (write on the leaves), let them dry and then pack them.

I guess alot of it has to do with me only having a few of my beds mapped out. Therefore if the irises are not in one of those beds I have to walk around until I find the iris I'm looking for. I need a better way of keeping up with where all my irises are planted so I can just say that one is here and that one is there and the other one is on row 4 about 1/2 way down. Right now my method is " There is no method" I've always just added more and more irises and mark them with the little signs from Paw Paws.