Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 2, 0 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 2

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 2
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
So, well, ok now, last I left off with beautigirls lovely dafs, I had to set tem off to the side and they actually went back to the refridgerator box and all how she packed them. Time did not allow for me to get to them so here we are were those left off.

Beautigirl packs her bulbs superbly for spring transplanting to me. She takes a damp papertowel and wraps the bulbs only leaving the leaves on the bulbs. We should not cut the leaves on the bulbs transplanted in the spring because the bulbes need the leaves to process them for food value to grow on later. So take a look at that picture below.
I have had these bulbs for a couple of weeks in my fridge as said and they are looking good. After planting now, these dafs are going to die back and so their pots will be showing empty tops until they return growing in the pot sunk in my garden someplace next spring!

I recycle the old nursery cans. I use gallon pots and put about 5 bulbs into each pot, dependign on the mature size of what ever variety.

Bulbs like chuck7701's above, those went 2 in a pot because they were so nice and large.

So off we go....lets get beautigirls daffs finished today!