Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Lemon Disease, 0 by Reddaddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Reddaddy

In reply to: Lemon Disease

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lemon Disease
Reddaddy wrote:
Thank you again.

I checked the two citrus trees out with my local agrilculture extension in Bakersfield, and the 18-year expert specifically on citrus trees (it is a big industry here) confirms what you concluded. Namely, that the lemon tree is infested with citrus leafminers. He recommended reading the same link as you furnished. He went on to say that the leafminers have nothing to do with the tree bearing no fruit, just as you suggested.

He suggested that I use a 15-15-15 fertilizer, one pound now and one pound a month from now. It had earlier been suggested to me that I may be overwatering. The expert suggested, instead, that I may be underwaterilng. He said the sagging branches are normal, just trilm them. No, I have not used any pesticides.

Regarding my orange tree. He said it does not have leaveminers, and it was just an old fungus. And, that fungus has nothing to do with some leaves turning yellow, again normal. He also said that the ants on the orange tree should be gotten rid of, simply because there will be fewer to invade your house. He suggested I spray on the gound (not on the tree) a pesticide for the ants.

I have ordered some neem oil, and will see if that is of help.

Just for reference here is a photo of the mold on the ORANGE tree.

Once more, thank you.