Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: FROGS IN MY BASKET!, 0 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: FROGS IN MY BASKET!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FROGS IN MY BASKET!
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Well there are different kinds of wetlands which some are protected and some are what they call buffers, some are farmable wetlands and then there are places like mine that are rare and have a special eco system of their own.

Farmers today have to watch out where they are doing what and you just cannot DUMP manure on certain areas without violating a regulation of some description if you are not careful. Most farmers are, but you have a certain mentality of city farmers that come in and they think they can come onto a property and DO anythign they want and get away with it.. NOT TRUE. Unless you got some screwups on the boards that protect those areas.

Our bog is part of 50 acres in the entire state of Illinois that is this special ecosystem. Now you got to be a fool or plain stooopid to be dumping manure near where it is protected because you could cause severe consequences to the bog. Now I would hate to be the guy caught doing so. Can you imagine the fines? Some people are just such plain idiots and careless what they do because its all about them and no one else. How selfish can that be?

Go back up and read that other sign again.. very carefully in what is prohibited....then read this one. Particularly the bottom line.