Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: First of March, first day of spring... what did you do?, 0 by goofybulb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goofybulb

In reply to: First of March, first day of spring... what did you do?

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First of March, first day of spring... what did you do?
goofybulb wrote:
OK, my friends, here's a whole bunch of them...

I really wish I could share them "live" with you all! I'm not a bad cook, and I'd love to have you here! Well, now I don't know too much more for the spring celebrations, until the Spring equinox, but I like to share with you some good eats and little traditional things.

And... you gals need to get out of the closet! I managed to teach my Chinese lab-mate (we became almost like sisters, working together for 6 years, and spending more time in the lab than at home) to make and bake cozonac. So, you have to try it once, it really sounds harder than it is, especially if you have a kitchen robot (saved my life and breath that one, LOL!). Since I've got it, it's more waiting than working... Of course, on the downside, I have some good Romanian friends that do not make them... but their mothers make them, so they are never missed on occasions.

The cozonac dough is the basis for 3 things: (1) the cozonac, as I wrote it in the winter traditions thread (Jeanne, I'll Dmail it to you, so you don't have to search) - one makes them for any important celebration (New Year, Easter, Christmas, weddings, baptisms, etc) but not only (I make them if I have guests too), (2) the "mucenici" (only made for March 9th), and (3) "pasca" (has a cheese/sour-cream filling and looks like a cheesecake) made only for Easter.