Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32, 0 by toofewanimals

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright toofewanimals

In reply to: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32
toofewanimals wrote:
Neal, funny you should mention the Osteo. I didn't WS any of them, but planted some white ones under lights. They all germinated, but boy do they flop! I must have given all my seeds for the purple ones away, so I'm hoping I get some reseeding in the garden.

I had a nice surprise yesterday! I was ready to toss my Bright Light Hosta seeds since its been 1 1/2 months and this is my 3rd time trying Hosta. I'm so happy, I have quite a few popping up! It will be so interesting to see if I get any variegation.

Anyone ever try the Purple smoke tree [Cotinus coggygria] from seeds? Got some in a trade and I'm hoping for results.

Question ... when are the zone 5/6 people putting Preen on your gardens? I can't remember when I did it last year, but all I do remember is I did it too late. LOL

Thanks for the inform on cutting back Jacob Kline. I'll be using it this spring too.
They aren't too aggressive for me or floppy, but do get just a little mildew. Here's a night time picture of my Jacob Kline.