Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: OK OK...I went berserk at the BIAN Sale, 0 by AlohaHoya

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AlohaHoya

Subject: OK OK...I went berserk at the BIAN Sale

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of OK OK...I went berserk at the BIAN Sale
AlohaHoya wrote:
Every year in March....and recently again in the fall, the Big Island Assn. of Nurserymen have their BIG sale...and fund raising for scholarship funds. I have been helping out a friend of mine, Phil Lanager (AlohaTrading on Ebay) tend to his booth...with the advantage that I get in early, have scoped out the good stuff and have coveted them under tables like everyone else who is there!!!!

By the way...anyone seeing Phil's auctions...Phil is a great grower and a super guy. I can totally recommend him!

Anyhoo...David Shigi, a Bromiliad grower/hybridizer sells at the BIAN and he is one of my reasons for being there!!! Here are some of my prizes... it has been raining so hard I haven't taken any labels to copy because I just don't want to go out there!!!!! later when the rains stop (13" in 5 days) I will edit them with labels.

This one was described by another woman as reminding her of a bad acid trip. I woulnd't know.