Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Happy Birthday Gita!!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy Birthday Gita!!!!
Gitagal wrote:
Thank you--one and all!

I am so appreciative of all your good wishes for me.....

My DD and her Husband and I went to Red Lobster for dinner to celebrate. I have to tell you--GO! if you have a chance! They sure are good cooks!!

Right now they have their Lobster Fest going until 4/13. Have you seen all the TV commercials? That is why I HAD TO go! Droooollll.....

I got the dinner with 2 petite, grilled (3oz), Maine lobster tails and 2 different kinds of grilled shrimp in separate dishes--but all on one BIG, oval plate. Got mashed potatoes (to sop up all the juices and butter the shrimp came in) and the house salad. We also put away a bottle of wine....of course!

I tell you--for ME--it was a FEAST! Deeeelicious!!!!...even when, towards the end, my little, melted butter dish slipped off my plate and spilled all over the table......:o(

All the waiters even came and sang Happy Birthday to me----with a tiny butter container that they squirted some whipped cream in and had a lit candle stuck in it......It was the thought that counted!
My daughter and Mark gave me a very compact DVD player to hook up to my TV. Can you believe I did not even have one? I am SO behind times......

My sister in NJ keeps giving me DVD's she buys on sale and, recently, said to me: "When will you start watching some of the DVD's I give you?" And I said--I don't have a DVD player......

The Roses my Niece (from NJ) sent me made my day as well. So pretty!!!!

Thank you all! I love you all as my DG friends--even though we may butt heads now and then. Gita

Here's the "Rainbow Roses"--must be 2 dozen.....The vase came with it as well.