Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: Exhausting...looking at several pics to choose an Iris, 0 by Gabriel25

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gabriel25

In reply to: Exhausting...looking at several pics to choose an Iris

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Exhausting...looking at several pics to choose an Iris
Gabriel25 wrote:
That is Holden Clough and this is a clump photo, it would bloom and then a few weeks later bloom again and then again. Have seen lots of photos of SPEC-X and a lot I want think they are interesting. I also love bearded historics want more of them. I'm just addicted but not a harmful one except to pocketbook.

When we had the ice storm in Dec. 07, a lot of my stuff was destroyed. Iris beds were hit by falling tree limbs, huge ones and front end loaders that were brought in to clean up took everything in their path. I never found some of my plants and tags. Out of the 37 trees on my 1/2 acre, I lost 22 of them. I still have some that have not recovered, and may have to be taken down, so will just plant more iris. Had one huge branch come down in front yard and barely put a tear in one of the window screens. Branches fell all around my van but didn't touch it. My son and wife lost most of their huge beautiful magnolia tree and were without electricity for a couple of weeks. But we were forunate.
rose