Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: philodendron question, 0 by jcoakley

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jcoakley

Subject: philodendron question

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of philodendron question
jcoakley wrote:
First off, let me just say that I am pretty sure what I have is a philodendron, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway, I've had this plant for about 3 1/2 years (it was part of a gift basket). It seems to be growing splendidly, but I noticed while watering the other day that some of the stems down near the soil are separating from the roots. (I apologize if this is unclear; I can't think of a better way to describe it.) Anyway, is this happening because the plant is growing too heavy? Should I repot? Stake? Divide? Any advice appreciated. This plant has sentimental value since it was part of a baby gift when my daughter was born, and I've managed to keep it (and a couple of other plants that were in the same basket) alive since then. BTW, the plant is on a shelf above a staircase so the tendrils dangle down the stairway and pretty much hang freely. Could this be part of the problem? TIA!