Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #23, 0 by SingingWolf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SingingWolf

In reply to: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #23

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #23
SingingWolf wrote:
Ok, as you can see, DH built the form out of recycled 2"x4"x8's boards. I took a piece of black plastic, (also recycled. Measured it out so there weren't any holes in the area going inside the boards, folded the excess plastic under all the four sides. Then I filled it full of water, it isn't quite level, but I think it will work out fine for me, as long as the puppies don't fool around with it before I complete filling it full of my winter sown containers. You should have seen me with my pant legs rolled up, stomping around inside of the container, stomping out the air bubbles under the plastic. As you can see there is plenty of room left for my Piggy seed. I won't have to fill it if we get enough rainwater, so far they have stayed nice and wet, but they were in the greenhouse and not exposed to the Santa Ana winds. We are still facing a drought, and they have resumed the Fire Watch because of the winds. I'm going to see how long it takes before it dries out. Right now, I'm a little worried it might make the soil too soggy. We'll experiment and find out! : )
WIB,
SW