Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: New to Forum, 0 by Islandshari

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Islandshari

In reply to: New to Forum

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New to Forum
Islandshari wrote:
Nathan, belatedly welcome, welcome, welcome! I adore the Peace Corps, worked for them for a while myownself, back in the days of my youth...you know, around the time the dinosaurs were roaming the earth. We have quite a few Peace Corps volunteers in and around many of our smaller islands out here. They do wonderful work, and whenever they get a day or so to come to Kwaj - we sort of fight over giving them dinner - entertainment - whatever.

Ann, how I agree with you on the modesty bit. Having traveled a lot...and still doing so whenever possible, I am always astonished at what some people consider "clothed"! And not just in other countries! Just this past spring I was in Honolulu - which is tourisism incarnate I admit but still! - We went to a very nice restaurant for dinner - it was dark...nearly everyone in the restaurant was dressed nicely, yet this woman came in wearing a bikini top and lava lava wrapped around her rather ample hips...she was wet...PLUH - EEESE!!!

I once had some boiled "greens" that a "hippie" friend did up for us. Have no idea what they were, but the taste was awful, and so was the affect on my innards. Since then I tend to shy away from that sort of thing, but will try just about anything else. Aren't our various eating habits interesting???

Yokwe all,
Shari