Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Christmas Greens, Arrangements and Holiday Decorating, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

Subject: Christmas Greens, Arrangements and Holiday Decorating

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Christmas Greens, Arrangements and Holiday Decorating
HollyAnnS wrote:
We (that's mostly Ric) do some wreaths and arrangements from fresh greens every year. How much we do depends on how much time we have. This year Josh is crying for some for his house, too. I usually harvest some Juniper, Holly and what ever else I can find in the yard or woods. I trade with a friend who brings me some greens from her yard. This year is a little different.
Tuesday night the son of a friend called and asked to borrow our trailer (it gets passed around quite a bit) he was helping a friend that has a Christmas tree lot. Then he called and asked if he could keep it one more night as they needed to dump the trimmings, I told him to throw the trimmings in the trailer and bring it home I'd love to have them. Well my 8ft X 4ft X 2ft deep trailer is full of greens from several different types of trees. I took some up to my daughter’s house and have plenty for Josh's and our house. Called my trading friend and said don't bother to cut greens just come on down.
I was wondering if any of you decorate with fresh greens and harvest from your yard and woods like I do. I'd love to see some of your arrangements and holiday decorating.