Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Free Heating - Well maybe?, 0 by bwilliams

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bwilliams

In reply to: Free Heating - Well maybe?

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Free Heating - Well maybe?
bwilliams wrote:
In most cases the wood stoves are inside and I use metal flashing on the wall to prevent any fires or melting of the plastic. The stove should be at least 2 feet or more from any plastic. I have a frame around the pipe were it leads out so their is no plastic around it as well. I will have to take a few photos to explain it.

The thing with wood stoves is some wood burns hotter and faster than other wood can be cooler and slower. This also bepends on the amout of air you give it. If your trying to heat a large area you have to produce a lot of heat to keep the temprature up this will mean more wood a faster burning. On the other hand if your just keeping it mild in a small greenhouse you can get buy with a lot slower burn.

Here is a picture of our larger furnace. This can take up around 3 wheel barrow loads of fire wood in one load. It heats up water to 180f and heats 4 large greenhouses. We load it up ever 4 to 7 hours in winter depending on the cold.