Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Hobby Greenhouse Assoc. Meetings, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

Subject: Hobby Greenhouse Assoc. Meetings

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hobby Greenhouse Assoc. Meetings
HollyAnnS wrote:
No you don't have to have an 18th Century Greenhouse or any Greenhouse at all to be a member. I belong to a Hobby Greenhouse Assoc., we have 6 meetings a year on Saturday mornings. I joined last year after an invite from Buttoneer. We do not have a greenhouse yet but one is in the planning and many members do not yet have greenhouses of their own. The meetings are very interesting last years lectures included, growing Roses, growing Gloxinias, raised bed gardening, wreath making, and birding. Topics any gardener would have an interest in. There are also plant raffles, group plant and product buys, and lots of friendly gardeners. If you have any interest in building a greenhouse now or in the future,this years schedule will be of great interest.
Jan 3rd Building Your Greenhouse
Mar 7th Heating & Cooling your Greenhouse
May 2nd Lighting & Fertilizing your Greenhouse
June.....Annual Membership Picnic (making living wreaths)
Sept 12th Bugs in the Greenhouse and Remedies
Nov 7th What are you growing The Fall/Winter Greenhouse.
I know that many of you live within an hour or two and maybe interested in attending our meetings. If you think you would be interested in checking out a meeting as a guest please let me know. The meetings are held at the Lower Allen Township Bldg
2233 Gettysburg, Rd.
Camp Hill, Pa. 17011
Easily accessible from PA turnpike,I81, I83, and Route 15. I put in the address so you could mapquest it from your house to see what kind of travel time you will need.