Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Indoor Conservatory Clematis Growers?, 0 by Soulja

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soulja

Subject: Indoor Conservatory Clematis Growers?

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Indoor Conservatory Clematis Growers?
Soulja wrote:
Growing Morning Glories indoors through the winter has become my habit. I was wondering about folks who may be growing Clematis permanently indoors. The search feature for clematis forums has been disabled and so I wanted to see if anyone has done it or is doing it. Or if it can be done.

I just ordered a few more to jump start indoors for next season. I have many kinds of Clematis in the garden, and wondered about just keeping these inside to befriend the Morning Glories. I have an HPS 1,000 watt light but wonder about the impact of total lack of seasons.... I could allow them to go dormant in the garage for a brief time each winter in their containers but am curious as to specific schedules. I'm checking around but thought I'd also check with my DG experts as well.

A few of the most mature Clematis I've bought came from an out of the way place on the outskirts where one would go to buy bulk mulch and rock. A couple of older ladies had cared for them and sold them to me for $17 each. These huge vines looked like they had been growing and blooming and thriving for years inside these large heated greenhouses. They did have some wilt first year in, but I wondered if they'd been better off undisturbed. so inside permanent Clematis displays....

any thoughts? Thanks.