Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Most popular forum on DG is...., 0 by DustyDS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DustyDS

In reply to: Most popular forum on DG is....

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Most popular forum on DG is....
DustyDS wrote:
Thanks Wren....I will second that....Unless you have lived in the south and know its habits and how the weather fluctuates, you have no clue...I was raised in NC, have owned property in FL and GA...and lived there for years...They don't build shelters down there for livestock to withstand temps for birds that are not accustomed to those freezing temps...North GA gets snow and alot of it...Black ice from that warm place...There is a Ski Resort at Scaley Mtn, NC on the GA line...I have had freezing temps on the GULF side of FL in the Tampa Bay area that killed everything that was in the ground...Plant wise...Animals suffered or died from those that didn't have them heated or well protected...
It has been colder in Alabama this week than it was here in OH...I do believe that is a bit South of the Mason -Dixon line...

50 Birds in a 7x10 space would sort-of create its own heat I'm sure... How many birds would you have to have to fill a 24x 32 foot **Coop** to maintain heat???