Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Just stick fresh cut flowers in a vase!, 0 by yardqueen1948

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright yardqueen1948

In reply to: Just stick fresh cut flowers in a vase!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Just stick fresh cut flowers in a vase!
yardqueen1948 wrote:
Candee,

Yes, I am very happy to be retired! It is really great. I have a lot of help in the gardens. DH does almost all of the physical stuff. And of course I am the brains! LOL sorry, I just had to say that... I still do work hard out there (as far as I am able) but he is MUCH more physically fit than I am... And I suffer a lot when I spend a few hours out there.

The dark leaves with the Dahlias are Hibiscus acetosella. The bushes are trying to bloom before it freezes, but I am not sure they will make it. They put way too much energy into growth! I almost fell over laughing when I went around the corner of the house and saw them. I had not been out in the yard for a good while as it was soooo hot. Well those bushes had not been 2 ft tall the last time I saw them, and they were reaching up to the roof and spilling out on the lawn. I took a pic the other day, and I call it "The Blob." I don't know if you have ever heard or an old horror movie by that title or not but the pic looks like the Blob is eating my house!

This message was edited Oct 26, 2008 11:04 PM