Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Josh's House, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Josh's House

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Josh's House
HollyAnnS wrote:
You guys all have such great ideas. That's one of the reasons why I love it here at DG. So many good ideas that I would have never thought of.
Pam, I would have gone for big colorful baskets and never even thought of ferns. Ferns would look so nice on that colorful porch. Not too sure about the light but that suggestion has really opened my eyes to some other possibilities.
Lady, Thanks so much for the site
Sally, I have always loved old stone houses, too. To buy or not to buy was a big discussion. My Mom looked at it and said "Your not encouraging him to buy that are you?"
Yes I did!!! It is very livable but every room needs work. God awful wall paper, serious stains on the hard wood floors, very old ugly and incomplete bathrooms cracks in the plaster walls and mud on the basement floors. Lets not talk about heating bills. But it has such potential. He has a real project on his hands and Josh is a real craftsman. All ready there is so much difference with just a few improvements and a good cleaning. Mom was down for a visit first time since Josh moved in and was so impressed.
Can't seem to find much in the way of inside pictures. This is part of the kitchen, that was a walk-in fireplace and look at that old floor to ceiling cabinet.