Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 9, 0 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 9

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 9
fancyvan wrote:
Cooling off here and windy but the sun is still shining - I goofed off yesterday, should have been out finishing the yard clean up. Maybe today .

However I did spend a couple of hours at the Hort society painting flower pots. Volunteer event coming up, special speaker David Tarrant who is now living in Mexico so Volunteer Coord. wanted to have a Mexican theme. Large and small flower pots are for table center pieces with a plant in - she hopes to get little peper plants. and they will be 'door' prizes. Just 3 of us but we had fun!

Last evening did a home evaluation for a couple who want to adopt a rescue sheltie ( hopefully Shilo) We actually have 3 possibilities and maybe another coming in. It will not be an easy decision this time! I took Fancy with me ( not Shilo as he is rather timid and I did not want their first view of him to be crouching on the doorstep afraid to go in!) (Fancy waltzed in, said Hi and lay down and went to sleep! )So they will come to visit him on Saturday. I am also getting a local trainer who I have worked with to come and do an evaluation on the dog with suggestions to pass on to new owner.

I have a light outside my back door that I leave on 24/7 ( except when it burns out and my neighbor across the lane tells me!) lately I have one of the mini florescent bulbs in it. .
Happened to look up at the wall this morning when I was unleashing the dogs and it is 'covered' with dead moths! ( at least I think they are dead) Never saw this before!