Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Tearoom, with food..........., 0 by weedsandall

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weedsandall

In reply to: Tearoom, with food...........

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tearoom,  with food...........
weedsandall wrote:
The lettuce was YUM!! I had an extra munch for you too Chrissy100 (your'e not REALLY 100 are you??) VBG.

The blue "liners" in my planters are actually the blue barrels that so called safe chemicals like sodium laureth sulfate (the stuff that makes shampoos, soaps etc lather) come in, we just cut off the bottom of them to the depth I wanted. Any deeper would have been cost prohibitive as far as potting mix was concerned. and Joe made the planters from old fence palings that had originally been painted a dark reddish brown. It had started to wear off and he wanted to sand them clean, but I liked the weathered look. So easy! so if you have a handyman around, or if YOU are handy with a ruler and hammer and nails, you could have them too....

You may have coffee Lesley, only instant here, I hope thats OK.. and just reading about your lack of vegie space, why not use lettuces etc as border plants in your flower garden. No reason why vegies should be segregated....I sometimes have parsley as a border, and silverbeet, specially the rainbow chard, looks great amongst the flowers..
As for your pakchoy, why not make stirfries, or steam lightly, and eat as side veggie, or when I make lasagne, I use chinese veggies, or spinach etc, as another layer with the meat and cheese sauce etc.

Off now to browse Ebay plants again, and I notice there's another couple of 1000 litre water tanks on offer again. Bit of a pain having all these tanks installed now, and no water to go in them.....

Margaret