Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Perennials: 2008 Humungous Heuchera Hoedown Trading, 0 by Potagere

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Potagere

In reply to: 2008 Humungous Heuchera Hoedown Trading

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 2008 Humungous Heuchera Hoedown Trading
Potagere wrote:
Well, hello all!

I am back from homeleave; and very happy to be here, too! I am also modestly pleased to know that I was missed.

I reviewed all the postings and it seems that everyone got their plants and was happy except bluepoppy.
Bluepoppy, did you ever receive your plants from bisa80? Did I just miss the post? Where was I?

Oh, yes, I was in the States, playing with grandkids and kids. They may be 37 & 39 this year, but they are still my kids and we still play!

But, you know what? I got stuff from this swap, too! Well, some of it was just from friendship and some of it was from new friends in this swap. And OK, some I bought for myself!! But the photo shows the new plants I brought home, most of which came from you!

In the center is Heuchera richardsonii, a species Heuchera that is a parent to some of the plants we all love, but a plant that is now hard to find as a garden plant. Thanks, Felisa!!!

Then, clockwise from about 7PM, we have:
Sparkling Burgundy: a plant I have wanted, so I am happy to have this baby that came from a difficult parent, traversed the US of A, migrated to Europe in a suitcase and was then left alone by a jet-lagged gardener (moi) for several days before being potted.

Beaujolais: a great plant

Pinot Gris: are we on a wine tour here? I've heard they even make wine in Illinois! Thanks, medinac!

Southern Comfort: I've never seen a heuchera with leaves as big as this one's parent!

Heucherella Kimono: I have to say that I see little to distinguish most of the Heucherellas, but I do like this one's silver patina. Exactly what I am going to do with it remains unclear, but I couldn't resist.

This message was edited Oct 13, 2008 10:23 PM