Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Fall Open House and Plant Sale at RCN, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Fall Open House and Plant Sale at RCN

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Open House and Plant Sale at RCN
rcn48 wrote:
Ruby, as soon as I'm certain of the date of the Spring Open House I'll be sure to let everyone know :) It's all depends when our last show at JMU is in the spring but they usually schedule that event for Memorial Day weekend and our Open House is always the weekend after. A quick look at the calender and it will probably be June 6 and 7. We may be having a large group coming from Green Springs Garden Park next year and I'm pretty sure they'll be expecting a 'guided' tour. If so, it would be a perfect opportunity for everyone to visit. I'm always willing to pop into the gardens and answer questions but a tour would provide an opportunity to get all your questions answered at once. Of course, if it wasn't possible for everyone that weekend we could always plan another date and give you a "personal tour" :)

Gita, thank you :) Everyone's garden, large or small, is lovely and your little corner of heaven is no exception! We have a 'severe' problem, we just can't stop planting and the gardens continue to expand every year! I'm just looking forward to the day when we put a limit on how far they expand and have an opportunity to plunk myself down on my 'sitting deck' and relax and enjoy them. I keep telling Rick there WILL be a day soon when he'll find me sitting in my chair reading or knitting instead of on my hands and knees digging more holes! LOL

We were delighted with the turn out yesterday! There was a shopping frenzy in the first three hours of the morning and Rick had to make repeated trips to the nursery to replace the plants that sold out in the first hour! The rain held off until almost noon and by 2:00 the field was too wet and after Rick had to drive two vehicles out because the field was so muddy, we had to close the gate. However, we posted a note and told people they were still welcome to "walk" in if they wanted and sure enough they still came! We always dread it when rain is predicted. The field will only hold up so long and after so many vehicles the ground starts giving way and even though you can get "in", there's no way "out"! Regardless, it was a wonderful first Fall Open House and we're planning to do it again :) Unfortunately our friend who usually takes some great pictures was so busy as our 'parking attendant' he didn't have time for pictures :( I'm hoping to get some soon however and show you the new plantings in this area - my 'sitting deck'. This photo was from earlier this spring and it's really starting to shape up! Now if I can just get the copper arbor finished that will go over the deck I'll be happy :)