Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: new home - new to pear tree -can you help identify & care?, 0 by blackThumbz

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright blackThumbz

Subject: new home - new to pear tree -can you help identify & care?

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of new home - new to pear tree -can you help identify & care?
blackThumbz wrote:
Hi, me and the DH are in the process of moving into our very first home. In the backyard there is a very stressed pear tree. We have several immediate questions about reviving this tree if possible. Identification and general care.

It appears the tree has been neglected in the 3 or 4 months it was under the ownership of the bank. The fruit was never picked off the tree. It appears to have not been watered on a regular basis.

The current state of the tree is poor. He doesn't look healthy. It's lost a lot of it's leaves, of the remaining leaves some are still green, some however look dry and dead. The tree looks on it's last leg to me.

We have removed most of the fruit. We have been watering everyday for about the past week. We are watering by putting the house directly on the ground and letting it run for a period of time in one area, and then moving it to the other side of the tree.

What should we do? We are considering calling a Tree Dr to have a look and tell us the condition of the tree. We want to do whatever we need to do in order to save it - assuming it needs saving. We are new to the state as well as new to being the caretakers for fruit trees.

The picture I am attaching was taken more than a month ago. I will get another picture tomorrow of the current condition. Any help would be appreciated.

The picture attached is not a recent photo it was taken about 6 weeks ago. I am attaching this in hopes someone can identify. I will attached a more recent photo tomorrow.

Thank you!

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 12:17 AM