Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Two color Butterfly Bush, 0 by KeyWee

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KeyWee

In reply to: Two color Butterfly Bush

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Two color Butterfly Bush
KeyWee wrote:
I really like the idea of an underground drip hose. Even tho we are humid here, July and August tend to be almost rainless and it gets old listening to everyone complain about ALL the rain they're getting when we would kill for half an inch. In the spring, we get deluged ~ sometimes 6 to 8 inches at a time, which all runs off thanks to the hard clay soil. Yes, I have lots of earthworms and BIG ones too. Sometimes I mistake them for a snake if they are out and about. They do wonders for this clay soil, but mine is really ok as I have been amending for three years now.
I am surprised your BB's don't self seed. There's even one growing out the side of an old metal stove I have in front of the porch. Plus I have babies ALL over the place. I told my husband I am going to pot them up and put them down by the road in the spring for a dollar. Beats the $8.99 that Lowe's is charging now for a small one.
Let me see if I can get a pic of the one growing out of the stove ..............