Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Fall Gold Party Plant Swap Thread , 0 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

In reply to: Fall Gold Party Plant Swap Thread

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Gold Party Plant Swap Thread
critterologist wrote:
Lisa, I've got a big clump of 'Zagreb' growing next to the driveway, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll try to get some potted up for you... but if I slip up, don't be shy about reminding me! There might be an extra volunteer or two of Coreopsis 'Early Sunrise' that we could dig out of the mailbox bed on the other side, too. My hardy hibiscus plants seem to have made tons of seeds if you're interested in those... they won't come true to their hybrid parents, but you'll still get a fun plant. Or you can try taking cuttings (I keep meaning to try dormant cuttings from them in fall... maybe I'll manage it this year!).

Foxy, not to worry, there's lots of extra Heliopsis plants in that patch! Also, it's an excellent candidate for winter sowing, so if we don't manage to do a plant swap this fall I will get seeds to you, and then hopefully we can do a swap next spring. If you can arrange plant transport for Saturday, let me know, and I'll be sure to have some potted for you! I'll throw in a magenta rose campion in a quart pot... nice color combo. :-)