Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Look what the iris fairy left me!!, 0 by daylilydaddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright daylilydaddy

Subject: Look what the iris fairy left me!!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Look what the iris fairy left me!!
daylilydaddy wrote:
Hello all!
I made the mistake of lurking here in the iris forum for awhile now. I had a couple of beardless iris and quite a few bearded. A thread caught my eye showing all the different beardless there are. I noticed a name on there, Polly a lot. I emailed her to ask for sources. She just happens to sell them in her nursery. Well I placed and order with her. I had placed a small Japanese iris co-op order in the spring. So I knew about the prices I would have to pay. The spring iris co-op had all 2-3 fans, but looked good over all.

Well let me tell you. I got the box from Polly and thought this can't be iris in here. She must really put heavy packing in her boxes. The box was stuffed full of well packed monster divisions! I swear some had as many as 15 fans per clump. I am one happy camper. I can't wait to see these kick in next year. Now I did order a few extras also, but just a few the rest are beardless iris clumps. I don't think I'm allowed to post her nursery site, but I will be a repeat customer of hers hands down! Just had to "brag" a little. I am really just a iris newbie and this first experience was great.
George