Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: need help starting over to get the cottage look going again, 0 by seedpicker_TX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seedpicker_TX

In reply to: need help starting over to get the cottage look going again

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of need help starting over to get the cottage look going again
seedpicker_TX wrote:
Want2bee-
you certainly have done a LOT in two weeks! Great property!

Ok, hope you don't mind, and let me first say I'm terrible in photoshop, but I pecked my way around and attempted a first grader drawing.

I envision a covered concrete porch with railing on the left of the picture, with a peaked arbor entrance, and then narrow to a two pole thin arbor, to frame the large windows. (that thingy to the right of that was supposed to be a birdbath, lol!)

The porch would be a great place to sit and the peaked arbor entrance really could help "state" your entrance, and the flat arbor on the far right would really frame the view and those gorgeous tall windows.

I agree about taking out the hedge in front of the windows, to enhance the windows. The porch would frame the other windows. (no windows covered, "only framed")

Hope you don't mind me butchering your picture, lol! But, we've done arbors like that, on our property, and they are fairly inexpensive and fun. You could create beds in front of these and also grow all sorts of things, like morning glories, or climbing roses up the poles...
-T