Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: Crunchy Brown Leaf Edges Two Years in a Row!, 0 by pentasbutterfly

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pentasbutterfly

In reply to: Crunchy Brown Leaf Edges Two Years in a Row!

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Crunchy Brown Leaf Edges Two Years in a Row!
pentasbutterfly wrote:
Hmm. Good things to think about Ecrane. This hydrangea is on a South facing wall of my house. I'm attaching a photo of when it was first planted last year. The corner is made by a room that is extended three feet out. This could definitely cause problems with air circulation but at the same time keeps it protected from harsh winds and cold winter weather. I like the cage idea. I will try that for the winter. It gets sun from morning through around 2 pm maybe - whenever the sun shifts enough to cause shade from the extension. I really haven't been watering an extraordinary amount (two good waterings per week). In fact I was wondering if I should water it more since I read that hydrangeas like to stay moist. I am hopeful that it will flower next year but still unsure of how to get rid of the brown on the leaves. Good to know it's not fatal. If it blooms next year but then gets the crunchy brown leaf edges, I will move it for better air circulation and cover it for protection in the winter.