Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Were not in Kansas anymore!!!! Toto!, 0 by lourspolaire

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: Were not in Kansas anymore!!!! Toto!

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Were not in Kansas anymore!!!!  Toto!
lourspolaire wrote:
Hello, everyone.

RJH, that palm tree is quite unusual. If I ever get around to take that tissue culture course I have been wanting to do for years now, I would love for you to send me a wee snip of that one so I can propagate it.

Now that the house is slowly metamorphising into a home, I am looking to start gardening again. Beds have to be dug, plants have to be begged, borrowed but never stolen. I can get back into the swing of things at last.

In other news, I had a bad day last Wednesday. I woke before the crack of dawn as usual. I went into the kitchen and made coffee. While that was dripping, I went for a shower. Meanwhile, the coffee pot had not been inserted correctly into the coffee maker. The coffee and the grounds ended up everywhere on the counter but narry a drop in the pot. I hate major cleanups first thing in the morning.

Then, later on in the day, I dropped my digital camera on the ceramic tiles. It bounced 3 times and looked unscathed. Well think again. When I turned it on, I found out it no longer focused. I sent it back to Olympus for an estimate. I love that camera and if it would cost just about the same amount to replace it as to fix it, I'd rather they give it the grand maintenance package. Then, when it returns, it would be business as usual.

A bit later on in the day, I found out that my Visa card was missing. I quickly called Visa and found out that it hadn't been used. We tried to find it at home without any luck. I cancelled the card. They'll issue me another one. Thirty minutes after declaring it lost, I realized that I had left it at the italian restaurant where we dined a few nights before. Interesting piece of info here: once cancelled, a card can not be reinstated. Another card with another number must be issued.

We were speaking of geckos a bit earlier. Yesterday, I brought in one of my phalaneopsis orchids that is blooming. I put it on the window's ledge in the guest bathroom: it looked nice. This morning as I was shaving, I saw a little lizard watching me from the top of one of the fuschia blooms. I mean the little lizards no harm so I brought the orchid outside and shooed it away. Big lizards are another story. I chase them with my long-handled shovel. Anything bigger than a curly tail is fair game to me.

I wish to upload a new image of my gardening progress, just to provide a bit of eye candy but there is no digital camera to be found around here these days. Here is an old one.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.