Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6, 0 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6
fancyvan wrote:
Well it is rather nice to have a few days when I dont really need to concern myself about how the garden looks!

Yesterday a friend and I went to a local garden centre that is having to shut down after almost 30 years - province bought the land to put in roads to a humungous shopping/race track/sport centre on the other side of the highway ( this place is in a little hamlet north of town) I kept my hands in my pocket most of the time - just truly dont have room for any more plants ( or so I said) but I did end up buying a rather neat 3 section iron 'screen' which will go ( next spring) along the property line of one of the north front beds. And I am still debating going back and getting the other one and having a 6 part screen.
Then on the way back into town we stopped at a new place that does a lot of decorative concrete and stone work and drooled over some gorgeous stone bits but managed not to buy ( this year!) although I did succumb and pick up 2 nice pots of Gaura to fill in a couple of emtpy spots.
And then I took her to another very nice little garden centre she had not seen before but did manage to get out without buying anything although they had some lovely pots of Million Bells on sale!
And received a little birthday gift - a little pottery plant ID sign in 'Latin' :" Plantum Whydibuyum" Had quite a time deciding which plant should get the sign! Finally put in beside the Tree Peony I bought last month at Cdn.Tire.