Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: THE RAIN THE BLESSED RAIN, 0 by Hineni

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Hineni

In reply to: THE RAIN THE BLESSED RAIN

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of THE RAIN THE BLESSED RAIN
Hineni wrote:
:P Yes Sue, a little more. I'm living 'hunting camp' style in a way - although I have electric and DSL (since I work from home) - but none of the standard 'convenience' things like dishwasher (that would be me!), washer or dryer. So I'm washing right now in the bathtub - hoping to find a used wringer and a good washtub, as doing it in the bathtub is rather hard on the back. I really don't see a need for those three items, although a dishwasher would be nice when it comes time for me to learn to can, as I have a really, really small kitchen area.

But the lack of conveniences is greatly overshadowed by the beauty, the land, the fertility of the soil, the spring and the quiet that we have here. I sit at my office desk and watch hummers, song sparrows, cardinals and thrashers all day; I see honey bees in the clover, and bumble bees all over the flowers, planted and wild; I hear the river across the road at night when I'm sitting on the porch; and I have my own personal twinkly light forest when the fireflies arrive each evening. I wouldn't trade it for all the high-end appliances in the world right now! The move to homesteading is new to us, and it's hard work! But I am loving it :)