Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: Look what hatched from a guinea egg!, 0 by kathy_ann

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kathy_ann

Subject: Look what hatched from a guinea egg!

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Look what hatched from a  guinea egg!
kathy_ann wrote:
What is this cutie.? it hatched a week before the others did and I thought for sure the rest were gonners LOL waited and waited I was getting worried, while I kept this little cutie inthe bator till the others hatched, I fed and watered it in there too. Didn't want it to be by itself in the brooder box.

all the rest look like the second picture. and BTW. This was by far my best hatch rate ever, I posted awhile back that the bator was unplugged for over a day . Didn't make much difference to these chicks. Out of 3 dozen. I hatched everyone that was fertile which was l8, the rest weren't fertile. Best I ever did before.

I wish I could do chickens that good. I think my humidity hasn't ever been watched as well as it was this time, I actually had a humidity guage in the bator and I think that helped me tremendously.

The guineas are suppose to be pearl guineas. Bought the eggs at the local feedstore. for 3.00 a doz. when he sold the guineas for 5 to 8 dollars each. depending on their size.

anyways, What's this one? a half breed? ugly duckling? LOL OH the poor baby going to be so made fun of all his little life.