Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Michigan Gardening: Newbie in Caro (Zone 5), 0 by LateBloomerToo

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LateBloomerToo

Subject: Newbie in Caro (Zone 5)

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Newbie in Caro (Zone 5)
LateBloomerToo wrote:
Hi everyone. I just joined up here and am also fairly new to gardening. This is the first year that I have had the time to invest in a little landscaping and I'm having a bit of trouble with what direction to take. I'm a natural planner, but it seems that I keep acquiring plants and digging up more flowerbeds each week in a haphazardly fashion. LOL I'm a suburb gal that moved to the country a few years ago and am still getting used to having so much space. (2 1/2 acres half bordered by a creek.) I'd love to chat with someone who shares the joy and wonder of it all.

This is a picture of a fence that my son built for me this spring to get me started. I've since planted two Golden Showers climbing roses and various other perennials but they are all quite small and it still looks pretty bare. Will it fill out by next year?

I've enjoyed this site so much already. Thanks to all who post & share their garden and lives!

Mary Ellen