Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Adding some zing, pop & pizzazz to a color scheme?, 0 by DustyDS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DustyDS

In reply to: Adding some zing, pop & pizzazz to a color scheme?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Adding some zing, pop & pizzazz to a color scheme?
DustyDS wrote:
Neal my dear... I haven't even been near the yard since we got here a week ago today except to get my curly willow in the dirt yesterday before it died on me...It was really PO'd at being dug, but I tied its dirtball into a plastic bag and sunk it in the lily pond for a week, and it has a ton of new roots already so I hope it will be okay...

I hate chemicals too, but I'm sorry to say I am going to have to use them this year along that south wall...I even have some small sapling trees over there...so it's gonna get a good soaking with roundup, and I will come out into the grass and spray out the edge of next years beds... Once I see everything is dying, I will weed whack it and then get the cardboard and some bedding from the goat barns to put down over it...That should do it for the winter...I have several bedding areas that will need the same treatment after some bush pruning gets done...The front of the house has some hideously overgrown Junipers that I will be taking the chainsaw to in the next couple weeks if not sooner...Maybe next weekend if my son is coming back down, as he has a stump grinder and can get all of these stumps gone for me...including those...

I will move some of the ditch lilies to the far front corner of the yard out by the hay field next to the road, but the rest are history...
I have a large clump of purple iris next to the corner of the garage that desperately needs to be divided and moved..It was blooming when I first got here in May, but it wasn't doing well, and now it's choked with grass and weeds.. I whacked out a huge poke weed in there yesterday before it could get any berries going...Poke Salad Annie I ain't... LOL

Like you... there is soooo much to do here, but it is pretty much too late for this year except to prepare beds...Move what I can, and hope for the best for the rest...Next year will be a whole new experience....

Here is the link to the new shots of the yard I took today....

http://picasaweb.google.com/DustyDS/MyNewFarmYard