Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: marmalade schmarmalade this plant didn't make it for me, 0 by crazy4plants

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright crazy4plants

Subject: marmalade schmarmalade this plant didn't make it for me

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of marmalade schmarmalade this plant didn't make it for me
crazy4plants wrote:
I bought three of the most gorgeous plants last year and they wilted immediately. I tried moving them and thought they were gone. This spring, two of them came back. One of them was really nice and big and one of them was a wimp. I moved the wimp and he's still wimping along. The big one was doing really well and then he started wilting again. So I dug him up and he's in my rehab center. He looks terrible. I've done really well with the burgendy varities. My first ones were Chocolate Ruffles and found Crimson Curls, Obsidian, Palace Purple and a few others. I have the Lime Rickey and it needs the perfect spot. I'll send a picture of one of them that has a few brown leaves but otherwise is looking good. I have the yellow one with the red center on the leaves. I do have the spice one and he's doing okay in one spot. I have another one that is doing horrible. I find the newer varieties to be questionable as far as hardiness and I don't want to fight them. OTOH, My brunerras are touch. They can burn or get too hot, but they always recover.

Any luck with the Marmalades? What do they need? They seem pretty schizo to me.

Crazy