Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Container Renovations 3! (smile), 0 by KatG

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KatG

In reply to: Container Renovations 3! (smile)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Container Renovations 3! (smile)
KatG wrote:
I haven't had a chance to plant anything new and we were away last weekend...but I'm so happy with my renovated fountain that's been through a lot! (tipping over and losing it's base!) These sunpatience are really true to their reputation. They're surviving in full hot afternoon sun, 96 degree weather, unbelievable winds and a drought!

I went out last night late to give my front planters a nice little drink. All of a sudden something flew at me and I'm like WTH??? This poor bird was all disoriented and was flying and hitting itself in the ceiling of my covered porch. I think it's a Dove and it's built a nest and is living in a Plastic tree left over from Christmas! hahaha. After it flew away, I'm looking into the tree and sure enough there's a little nest built with 3 little white eggs! I felt so bad??? I'm out there this morning...and here she is sitting quietly on her little nest. OMG! It's really strange, every home I've ever lived in, I have a bird nesting outside my door - even in a 9th floor Condo in Canada. They're usually Cardinals though.