Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Baker's Acres!!!, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Baker's Acres!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Baker's Acres!!!
rcn48 wrote:
Chris, OMG - Newark!!! She's right next door to Baker's Acres! It's actually in Alexandria, 12 miles east of Columbus :)

hart, I know, the prices were incredible! Although I thought the prices were reasonable at Baker's as well - $4.59 if you bought 10 (which we didn't have a problem doing LOL) and Chris gave us an additional 10% off :) Of course when we went 2 years ago, we were fortunate enough to hit their 50% off sale in July!

Maybe wasn't too hard to fall in love with a guy who buys plants, eh>> It wasn't "hard" at all :))))

Holly, who knows, maybe if we're successful keeping 'Miss Andrea' alive over the winter, I might have some to share :)

Susan, I only wish it WAS "closer" - the six hour drive was worth it but not likely we'll be doing it again soon!

Rick's got just about everything repotted, has taken cuttings of the Coleus for himself and now I'm left with "stubs" to plant in the garden! I'm not worried though, I know how quickly they grow and I just need to get them planted :) It's hard to see in this picture, but I've already got half a dozen Coleus planted in the center of this garden. There's a basically dead Clethra in the middle that has to go and some Thermopsis that look sickly and I'm going to cut them down to the ground and plant the extra Coleus there. Along the front are a few other annuals I planted the day before we left for Baker's so by the end of the summer hopefully this bed will be filled out and full of color. I tried originally to develop a purple and gold theme but that will quickly change with the new additions :)