Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Baker's Acres!!!, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

Subject: Baker's Acres!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Baker's Acres!!!
rcn48 wrote:
After an exhausting spring with shows and Phoebe's problems, the rain that never seems to fall at our house and the unusually high temperatures, I needed a break! We had an unexpected downpour on Sunday afternoon and when the skies were threatening again on Monday afternoon, Rick suggested we should "go someplace" :)) Told him hart had told me about the half price sale at Kim's and we considered it - but then he came up with the ridiculous idea that we should go to Baker's Acres - what?? For anyone who's not familiar with this place, it's just outside of Columbus, Ohio!!!! I learned about them from DG when the owner, Chris (goodoldbake http://davesgarden.com/members/goodoldbake/) was posting on the Coleus and Begonia forums and two years ago we made a point to stop off on our way back from Michigan. This is probably one of the finest garden centers I've ever been to and we knew we would go back the next time we headed for Michigan. Last summer's drought prevented us from making our annual trek to Michigan and it's looking like we won't be going again this year :( We desperately needed a break and within an HOUR of Rick suggesting the trip to Baker's, reservations were made for a stopover in Beckley, WV to put us at Baker's first thing in the morning and an hour and a half later we were on the road!!! Plans were that we would return on Tuesday night, but that's another story :( I don't know what we were thinking, but the selections at Baker's are outstanding and we couldn't resist! First one, group of Coleus we picked up with Perilla in the center.